Wednesday, April 15, 2009

LANGUAGE OF THE HEART


Easter Weekend has just passed. My girls, who all live far away, were not going to be home. So, my husband, Tom, and my son, Austin and I decided to head up to our rustic little cabin in the woods to celebrate the spirit of the holiday...enjoying each other and the soulful prayers Mother Nature whispers.

This prayer by Michele Linfante is one of my favorites.
It isn't necessarily an Easter prayer, but, one that speaks to me.

"Remember
That to have the eyes of an artist,
That can be enough,
The ear of a poet,
That can be enough.
The soul of a human
just pointed
in the direction of the divine,
That can be enough.
I tell you this to remind myself,
Every gesture is an act of creation.
Even empty spaces and silence
can be the wings and voices of angels."

No comments: